PETROLEUM PLANT & PIPELINE SECURITY MANAGEMENT
Hotel Grand Seriti Boutique Bandung | 27 – 29 December 2010 | Rp 6.500.000/person (Pasti Jalan)
TRAINING INTRODUCTION :
As energy transportation facility, pipelines are very vulnerable to intrusion, vandalism, sabotage and terrorist attack. The pipeline along ROW may be damaged with explosives or by other mechanical means causing flows to disrupt resulting in a release of pipeline flammable contents. On the other hand, computer control systems or SCADA could also be cyber-attacked by intruders leading to significant flow disruption. Since pipelines supply fuel for industry, transportation, power plants, manufactures, and other commercial uses, serious disruption of a pipeline network poses additional downstream risk.
Plant and pipeline security management is one of the most current and modern integrated management system to insure pipeline safety from third party threat and possibly damaging action in particular for onshore and cross-country pipeline system. It covers detail risk assessment and mitigation plan on both plants and pipeline system.
In this training course, “Security Vulnerability Assessment Methodology for the Petroleum and Petrochemical Industries” prepared by API and the National Petrochemical & Refiners Association (NPRA), and “Security Guidelines: Natural Gas Industry, Transmission and Distribution”, prepared by American Gas Association, USA will be used as major references. To enhance the training, as lesson learnt, various special cases study of pipeline and plants people affected accident around the world will be presented in details.
TRAINING MATERIAL OUTLINE :
1. Understanding the psychology of destructive behavior
2. Setting the context and boundaries and asset characterization
3. Identifying the hazard and threat assessments (identify known or perceived adversaries)
4. Criticality assessments (determine criticality)
5. Vulnerability assessments (identify security weaknesses)
6. Risk assessments (determine risks based on threat, vulnerability and consequence assessment findings)
7. Strategy for sound risk mitigation (determine and implement appropriate risk reduction countermeasures)
8. Monitor, reassess, and modify (security risk management is an ongoing effort)
TRAINING BENEFIT :
Knowledge and skill obtained from the training will be useful to set up the strategy to maintain pipeline safety and integrity from possible third party damaging activities. It introduces a new perspective on pipeline safety management that will provide invaluable benefit to pipeline owners, operators and other concerned parties.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS TRAINING?
Plant and Pipeline Operators, Supervisors, Engineers and Managers
Dr. Ahmad Taufik, M.Eng.
Dr.Ahmad Taufik,M.Eng. is Risk and Integrity Specialist, and Chairman for Indonesian Society for Reliability (ISR). He got his doctorate program from Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA (1996). He is now also a lecturer at Graduate Study Program at Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB) teaching for risk and integrity assessment related courses. He has been interacting with oil and gas companies for more than 10 years for training, consultant and project implementation. This much experiences in oil and gas industries will be shared by him in training class. Dr. Ahmad Taufik has much work experiences joining in some institution such as at Lloyd’s Register as Operation Manager, at PT. MMS, PT. Surveyor Indonesia and PT. AT Solusi as consultant and trainer. And at present Dr. Ahmad Taufik is an Asset Integrity Specialist for PT Pertamina PHE-ONWJ (formerly BP West Java, Indonesia). He has performed in depth study in integrity research for pipeline, mechanical and pressurized system. He is member of ASM and ASME. He has wide interest including RBI, PIM, FTA, FMECA, RCA, RAM study and many other risk engineering areas. Dr. Ahmad Taufik has been chairman and speakers for many Oil and Gas International Conferences in Indonesia, (INDOPIPE, MAPREC), Malaysia (ASCOPE), Singapore and China (IPTEC) for the last five years. He has taught many training class on his expertise topics for many companies in Indonesia.
Hotel Grand Seriti Boutique Bandung
TRAINING DURATION :
TRAINING TIME :
27 – 29 December 2010
INVESTATION PRICE/ PERSON :
1. Rp 6.500.000/person (full fare) or
2. Rp 6.250.000/person (early bird, payment 1 week before training event) or
3. Rp 6.000.000/person (if there are 3 persons or more from the same company)
FACILITIES FOR PARTICIPANTS :
- Training Module
- Training CD Contains Training Material
- Stationeries: NoteBook and Ballpoint
- Jacket or Waistcoat or T-Shirt
- Bag or Backpackers
- Training Photo
- Training Room with Full AC Facilities and multimedia
- Once lunch and twice coffeebreak every day of training
- Qualified and experienced instructor
- Transportation for participants from hotel of participants to/from venue of training(if minimal number of participants from one company is 4 persons)